Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Favorite Time of Year

We are fast approaching the end of 2008. I can't believe that this year has gone so fast. Looking back over the last ten months I am reminded of all the memories that were packed into this year. My first child turned 8 this year and became an awesome helper to me around the house, he became my right hand man when his dad is at work. My second son Caleb learned to read. I was able to watch him go from sounding out letters to reading books. There is such magic in that.
My husband and I celebrated 10 years of marriage and were able to spend 10 days in Hawaii just us. We reconnected and remembered how much we love and need each other. We also fell deeper in love with our children as we reflected on how much joy they bring to our lives. We came back missing them which I thought was exactly how it should be.
In August our baby girl turned 4 and we have officially turned the corner from the road of toddlers to.....I don't even know what they call the ages between toddlers and pre-teens. Wait, I know "Hold on for dear life because the roller coaster of life is about to really take off."
As the year comes to a close I hope we all can remember the memories that we made and look forward to the opportunity to share with each other the simple, everyday events that make our lives so rich.

5 comments:

skipvia said...

"Hold on" is certainly right. Before you know it they'll be off on their own. That's good, of course, but I still find myself missing jammies with little feet in them.

crystal said...

WOw! Ten years of marriage-Congrats. Children do grow fast. My husband and I have an eight and a half year old son and I can't believe he is already learning to talk and pull himself up with support of furniture or anything he gets into. And like you said, I do have to "hold on" for more of what is to come.

Zach and Beth said...

It's been so great to see your kids grow up in the short time we've known you. They are no longer "little kids", but growing into little helpers (comes in great for helping Auntie Beth with her munchkins). Are they really so grown up though? Ok, I'm off to find a way to keep them in their footed jammies forever.

Amanda said...

We're right behind you! Our oldest daughter is 3 goning on 4and we have been married for six year. I could not even imagine leaving our girl for a day or two how could you do any more? Wow, I would feel lost with out my kids. You are right that it is only natural to miss you kids.

Alice said...

I should be chasing my grandkids around. Since our children are gone, we are taking a late 25th anniversary trip over Christmas on a cruise from San Diego to Hawaii and back. I hope to see some lava.