Thursday, September 4, 2008

Personal Introduction

Hello Everyone,
It is nice to "see" so many people from the other Education classes I have taken. I really enjoy getting to know each of you more and more as we go. We sure have some Girl Power in this class!
Anyway, my name is Melissa Griffin. My Husband and I are raising three children ages eight, six and four on Kodiak Island. I have lived in Alaska my whole life although I grew up on the mainland in Eagle River. I started taking classes last fall in an attempt to finish my education degree. I took an 8 year vacation but I am really glad to be back in school. I hope to finish in about 2 years.

4 comments:

skipvia said...

I've been to Kodiak several times to do workshops for the school district and I have always enjoyed my stays there--even when the wind was blowing everything sideways. It's such a beautiful place and the school district has an excellent reputation.

cherylt@ed329 said...

I would love to know a little more about Kodiak. My husband and I are interested in moving there after I finish my degree. He is a Administrator in the Lower Kuskokwim School District. I hope they will have a job for us!

Alice said...

Kodiak is one place I have not been that I would really like to visit. However, if what Skip said about the wind is normal, I may rather just visit it in pictures and through your narratives.

JessieD329 said...

My husband and I lived in Tacoma for a yr in 1979 and we met these nice people from Ouzinkie, which is in your neck of the woods. You must be part of the fishing industry somehow, I hear it's big there.