Sunday, November 9, 2008

Flickr Slide Show


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

While working on this project I was able to visualize several useful applications for the classroom. A teacher could possibly use this to help explain class projects. Having a step by step example visualized would be useful. I could see this working in a differentiated classroom giving the teacher the opportunity to allow students to return to the slide show for help or further explanation. This would eliminate the teacher having to explain procedures several times.
While I feel like this tool would best be utilized in a classroom of third graders or above I think it would be fun for teachers of younger grades to create slide shows for their students to remember field trips or class parties/events.

2 comments:

skipvia said...

These are beautiful photos. One of the strengths of a slide show format like this is that you can present an artistic, impressionistic montage of photos but also include explanatory text behind the images. I found myself wanting to know what each picture was, so the text was very helpful. Very nicely done.

JessieD329 said...

Melissa, what a beautiful family and place. We lived in Tacoma for a yr back in the early eighties and met these nice people from Ouzinkie,which is close to Kodiak, I think. Now I got a look at the place we've heard about but never seen (only in pics.) thanks