Monday, November 17, 2008

Panraven Story Book



Working with Panraven was fairly easy. I found that inserting the photo's and text was not difficult. I would have liked to expand the narrative of the photo's but of course was limited by the text box options. That was okay I simply tried to think of exactly what I wanted to say about each photo. I know that I would use this program again. As far as for a classroom I think that it would be useful to allow students to create a narrative of either a place the class visited or create a "story." The resulting book was quite rewarding in that the pictures and layout were something to be proud of. I could see a class really liking the outcome of their work. Younger children would perhaps do best working in a group with the teacher or an aide but I think an older class say fifth and up could work with this program on their own.

2 comments:

JESSICA MCCORMICK said...

WOW!!! Alaska is so beautiful. I miss it so much. You did a great job in capturing the beauty of your community and putting it into this story book.

skipvia said...

Jessica is right--this is a beautiful book both in terms of its photos and in terms of the narrative that you provided. Definitely worth printing someday. Even given the sometimes difficult nature of Panraven, the results are usually pretty spectacular. Mixbook may turn out to be an even better option. One element that I like about Panraven (as you mentioned) is the sophisticated look of the finished product. Tabblo books seem a bit flashy by comparison. I'll be interested to see next semester how our experience with Mixbook compares.